OPENSTUDIO The Loft House Glazed Bricks
The Loft House Glazed Bricks

We have recieved the two final samples of the glazed bricks from Tichelaar Makkum. The two glazes reference the gold and greens of pears once grown in the historic abbey orchard which was located near the site. The historic street name of the site was also called pear street. This name was lost in 1888 when the General Post Office and London County Council conducted a renaming and renumbering scheme to eliminate duplicate road names.